Printed from: Monsoon Stone Edge User Forum
Topic URL: http://www.stoneedge.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2699
Printed on: 05/11/2024

Topic:

Topic author: Barney Stone
Subject: Beta version 4.309 released, 3/28/2006
Posted on: 03/28/2006 3:48:07 PM
How's that for quick response time?

Beta 4.309 is now available. For the list of new features and other changes, please see the 4.308 release notes. 4.309 is virtually the same with a couple of additional bug fixes.

Barney Stone, President
Stone Edge Technologies, Inc.
215-641-1837

Replies:

Reply author: TimLevine
Replied on: 03/28/2006 4:30:28 PM
You Rock!

Timothy B. Levine
Marketing Director/IT Manager

Earth Sun Moon Trading Company
111 N. Center St.; Grove City, PA 16127
ph. 724.458.1687 x311
fax. 724.458.4920
email. tlevine@earthsunmoon.com
url. www.earthsunmoon.com

Reply author: Mark Setzer
Replied on: 03/28/2006 4:47:53 PM
Blackthorne support has been updated for this beta to work with the newer versions.

PLEASE NOTE: You will NEED to use Blackthorne's inventory system to give your products part numbers if you want Order Manager to recognize those partnums as the SKU. Otherwise, OM takes a (very messy) first 100 characters or so of the item name from the listing info, which can obviously change per listing (while the item being sold may not).

This does not break compatibility with older releases of Blackthorne. If you have recently (less than a day or two ago) updated, you will need this beta to get back up and running. And please e-mail me your BTdata.mdb files if the import breaks so I can test it better here.

--
Mark Setzer
http://www.stoneedge.com

Reply author: Jared
Replied on: 03/28/2006 4:49:09 PM
1. Phone Dialing: Great! We were just about to add this ourselves - this saves us some time. How about letting us double-click a phone number to dial it (instead of clicking it and then a button) as an alternate method... also, we should be able to dial the vendor's number directly from the Purchase Order screen (for every time we need to check on a PO.)

2. Expected/Actual Net: Very cool. Although, I'd also love to see a profit % (Expected Net / Grand Total) - much easier to see if an order is within our optimal range.

3. It doesn't seem like line item costs are being saved on new orders (and therefore, Expected and Actual Net are not calculating properly.)

4. It looks like EVERY issue with the wrong order appearing at the View Order screen has been fixed. It now works everywhere (even if the View Order screen is already open), it works when you're in a subform (for Ctrl-Shift-O), and View Last Order from Manual Orders works... we're very very happy about that!

Jared

Reply author: Sean Franklin
Replied on: 03/28/2006 9:38:46 PM
Re: International Dazzle order, customs tab: Using "Get data" or with DazzleAutoLoadCustomsInfo = True, and Kits on order. Should either load in kit SKU, or component SKU's, probably not both as it is doing now. I'd prefer components, but a parameter to specify which to use is probably a good idea.

Sean Franklin
http://www.CycleGadgets.com
Toll Free 877-7GADGET (877-742-3438)

Replied on: 03/28/2006 9:43:28 PM
Also on the Customs tab in Dazzle, it rounds weights (e.g. 0.8lb = 1lb, 0.5lb = 1lb, 0.3lb = 0lb). There is some math that's using the rounded weight that causes errors.

EG: 3 items, weights 0.8, 0.5, 0.3. Box total weight is 1lb 12oz. Try to send to Dazzle, OM error states:

"Your combined customs weights (2 pounds, 0 ounces) are more than your overall package weight (1 pounds, 12 ounces)! Please correct your weights!"

Sean Franklin

Replied on: 03/29/2006 08:45:48 AM
Manual Orders screen, Payment tab - the Residential checkbox (chkResidential) needs to be visible at the start of an order. Can force it by selecting a UPS shipping method, then adding a line item, and once it's visible it stays there for subsequent orders... just needs to be set visible initially.

Update: Not quite an accurate description above of how it works now, but it shouldn't be necessary to select a shipping method in order to set the residential flag so that we can use the rate shopper. Should just be able to set flag, click $ button.

Sean Franklin

Reply author: Barney Stone
Replied on: 03/29/2006 08:58:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jared

1. Phone Dialing: Great! We were just about to add this ourselves - this saves us some time. How about letting us double-click a phone number to dial it (instead of clicking it and then a button) as an alternate method... also, we should be able to dial the vendor's number directly from the Purchase Order screen (for every time we need to check on a PO.)

2. Expected/Actual Net: Very cool. Although, I'd also love to see a profit % (Expected Net / Grand Total) - much easier to see if an order is within our optimal range.

3. It doesn't seem like line item costs are being saved on new orders (and therefore, Expected and Actual Net are not calculating properly.)

4. It looks like EVERY issue with the wrong order appearing at the View Order screen has been fixed. It now works everywhere (even if the View Order screen is already open), it works when you're in a subform (for Ctrl-Shift-O), and View Last Order from Manual Orders works... we're very very happy about that!

Jared

1. Good suggestions. All done.

2. Hmmm. Really tight on space there, and I'm afraid everyone will want that calculation done a little bit differently. Anyone else have input on this?

3. Problem at Manual Orders. Fixed.

4. Cool!

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Replied on: 03/29/2006 09:51:27 AM
UPS Rate Shopper is not populating Shipping cost on Manual Orders screen

Sean Franklin

Reply author: homestead
Replied on: 03/29/2006 10:58:15 AM
It sounds like the new version will allow you to designate commercial addresses or residential addresses which will be great!

Will it also take into consideration orders over $100 that need insurance added in?

That would be terrific!

Reply author: John Frazar
Replied on: 03/29/2006 11:26:40 AM
Sean,

If you're up for a quick code fix here you go...

Go to the code view of the form "Manual Orders". Locate cmdGetRate_Click. Look for the following line:

x = GetUPSRate(Zip, Me.txtActualWeight, "", "03", , , , , "Shop", Me.chkResidential)

Change it to:

x = GetUPSRate(Zip, Me.txtActualWeight2, "", "03", , , , , "Shop", Me.chkResidential)

That'll teach it to use the total order weight instead of the in stock order weight which seems to be the problem.

Thanks,

John Frazar
Stone Edge Technologies
215-641-1837

Reply author: Jimbeaux
Replied on: 03/29/2006 11:27:56 AM
When opening Packing Slip PDF for DropShipOrder emails, header and footer appear with appropriate shipping & billing information but the items in the order do NOT appear.

Jimmy Hilburger
www.switchhits.com

Reply author: John Frazar
Replied on: 03/29/2006 11:28:06 AM
Homestead,

Teaching it to calculate insurance costs could be done. Please contact me offline to discuss this.

Thanks,

John Frazar
Stone Edge Technologies
215-641-1837

Replied on: 03/29/2006 12:08:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by John Frazar

If you're up for a quick code fix here you go...

No difference. I start a manual order, enter address & product. Product in stock. Both In Stock & Full Amt. weight show 4 (lbs). Click on $, get my rates (Ground, 3-day, 2-day, Next Day, etc.). Ground is selected by default, but whether I leave it there or select a different rate... when I click the "Use Selected Rate" button, the Shipping Rates form closes & shipping on the order is still $0.00.

Sean Franklin

Replied on: 03/29/2006 12:20:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Franklin

No difference.

Nevermind, didn't have realtime turned on :-P

Sean Franklin

Replied on: 03/29/2006 2:57:44 PM
Americart, I have some items that customers can buy with Free shipping. Shipping comes through Americart as "free". I have a shipping method called "free" in OM. Under 4.004 and before, these orders always worked fine. With 4.309, no shipping method is set on these orders when imported from Americart.

Sean Franklin

Reply author: kevin
Replied on: 03/29/2006 3:26:30 PM
quote:

Re: International Dazzle order, customs tab: Using "Get data" or with DazzleAutoLoadCustomsInfo = True, and Kits on order. Should either load in kit SKU, or component SKU's, probably not both as it is doing now. I'd prefer components, but a parameter to specify which to use is probably a good idea.

Sean Franklin

I've added a new parameter called DazzleInternationalHideParts that will allow you to exclude kit parts from the Customs tab of the Dazzle screen. It is not practical to show the parts and hide the Kit SKU instead as the parts do not have a "value" (value is determined from the price per unit of the line item and parts have a $0.00 unit price). The weights would also be incorrect as they are recorded with the kit parent.

Kevin Smith
6198 Butler Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
215-641-1837 x112
kevin@stoneedge.com

Replied on: 03/29/2006 3:30:59 PM
quote:

Also on the Customs tab in Dazzle, it rounds weights (e.g. 0.8lb = 1lb, 0.5lb = 1lb, 0.3lb = 0lb). There is some math that's using the rounded weight that causes errors.

EG: 3 items, weights 0.8, 0.5, 0.3. Box total weight is 1lb 12oz. Try to send to Dazzle, OM error states:

"Your combined customs weights (2 pounds, 0 ounces) are more than your overall package weight (1 pounds, 12 ounces)! Please correct your weights!"

Sean Franklin

Dazzle form has been reconfigured to show the individual item weights on the customs form as they appear in the order up to 2 decimal places. Code was modified to allow a 1 ounce difference in the total weight vs the individual line item weight. If greater than 1 ounce, the program will prompt you with the two values. You have the choice to continue or cancel at that point.

Kevin Smith
6198 Butler Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
215-641-1837 x112
kevin@stoneedge.com

Replied on: 03/29/2006 3:36:15 PM
quote:

Americart, I have some items that customers can buy with Free shipping. Shipping comes through Americart as "free". I have a shipping method called "free" in OM. Under 4.004 and before, these orders always worked fine. With 4.309, no shipping method is set on these orders when imported from Americart.

Sean Franklin

Do you have a shipping method with that name set up in the Order Manager?

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Replied on: 03/29/2006 3:37:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Barney Stone

Yes.

Sean Franklin

Replied on: 03/29/2006 3:47:52 PM
quote:

quote:

Yes.

Sean Franklin

Please call our support staff for assistance with that.

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Reply author: dsobel
Replied on: 03/29/2006 5:04:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kevin

Dazzle form has been reconfigured to show the individual item weights on the customs form as they appear in the order up to 2 decimal places. Code was modified to allow a 1 ounce difference in the total weight vs the individual line item weight. If greater than 1 ounce, the program will prompt you with the two values. You have the choice to continue or cancel at that point.

Kevin Smith
6198 Butler Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
215-641-1837 x112
kevin@stoneedge.com

Kevin:

What if we don't have weights for all of our products in Stone Edge. Would it be possible to have a parameter to ignore weights?

I am not able to use the beta so I am only going by what I have read in this forum about the upgrade but I would like to use the auto populate feature for the customs form but don't have weights for all products we carry in Stone Edge. Will this be possible still to do?

Sincerely,

David Sobel
www.allerc.com

Reply author: homestead
Replied on: 03/29/2006 10:49:41 PM
Sean,

Last week I had an Americart import problem on a product that ships at a different rate than all the rest of our products. I am still using OM 4.004 and had never had any trouble importing that item until last week and my whole import file choked. It wasn't transferring the "Shipping Method" into OM and was leaving that field blank. Gerry at Americart found a problem deep in their own code. I don't know why this happened all of a sudden, but Gerry was able to get to the bottom of it. You might try a quick email to Americart support.

Gale

Reply author: mckane
Replied on: 03/30/2006 12:24:52 AM
We're having issues with Dazzle. The first item in the order is getting passed as the reference or "order" number.
I can give you a call tomorrow to discuss, but something is definately going on with the Dazzle integration.

Reply author: aubuchon
Replied on: 03/30/2006 09:14:01 AM
Not a big deal but I can't change the color of my buttons... when I try, the program throws some debugging errors.

Will @ [URL]www.HardwareStore.com[/URL]

Replied on: 03/30/2006 09:17:07 AM
Big deal (to me)...from yesterday and no one responded:

quote:
When opening Packing Slip PDF for DropShipOrder emails, header and footer appear with appropriate shipping & billing information but the items in the order do NOT appear.

Jimmy Hilburger
www.switchhits.com

Replied on: 03/30/2006 12:12:06 PM
Dazzle issue, not a bug but a suggestion...

When printing a Global Priority label, no tracking number is imported. This is because the tracking number is on the global priority label (or box) provided by the USPS, so Dazzle doesn't know what that number is.

However, Dazzle does generate a Customs ID, which from USPS web-site tracking perspective is interchangeable with the tracking # (entering either will give the same results).

I'd like to see the customs ID used as the tracking # in the absence of a normal tracking/delivery confirmation number.

Sean Franklin

Replied on: 03/30/2006 1:52:09 PM
quote:

What if we don't have weights for all of our products in Stone Edge. Would it be possible to have a parameter to ignore weights?

I agree. Many of our products do not have weights. Would be nice to have a graeceful way around this.

Replied on: 03/30/2006 2:32:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dsobel

I don't think this will pose a problem, if the weights aren't there it'll just report 0 and you'll have to fill them in manually. Weights are required on the customs form, so you can't just "ignore".

Sean Franklin

Reply author: hq4sports
Replied on: 03/30/2006 5:00:32 PM
Haveing a couple of issues still...

1-We are still seing the issue that I reported in 4.306. When at view orders screen about 25% of the time when you click "close" the main menu does not come back. I then have to exit order manager completely to get the main menu back. While closing the Main Menu appears briefly before exitin
2-After importing and selecting View Orders from Last Import, it just goes to the unapproved orders. Then if you select the filter Orders from Last Import, they show up. It would be great to have this working again. It works about 50% of the time.

Besides those 2 issues, it seems to be working a bit faster for us. Issue 1 above is killing me though having to exit all the time with someone on the phone and then getting back into Order Manger.

Darin

Replied on: 03/30/2006 5:12:41 PM
Darin -

It will take me some time to look into those issues, but in the meantime, if the main menu does not show up when you close View Orders, try going on the Menu Bar to Window -> Unhide and if the Main Menu is listed there, un-hide it.

It would help me to know, when that happens, what screen you went from to get to the View Orders screen.

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Reply author: Jared
Replied on: 03/30/2006 5:17:57 PM
I know I see the main menu disappear every now and then if I accidentally choose a window I don't want, and close it right away (while the main menu is still getting hidden) - the command to unhide is given before the command to hide, and the main menu is gone. However, that would be almost impossible to fix - it just means you have to go slower. However, it'd be nice to see a special key combination to unhide the main menu.

Jared

Replied on: 03/30/2006 5:29:15 PM
Thanks for the unhide workaround. That will be helpful until the issue is resolved.

Darin

Replied on: 03/30/2006 8:34:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mckane

quote:

I agree. Many of our products do not have weights. Would be nice to have a graeceful way around this.

Would be nice if I could spell too.

Anyway -
Can someone refresh my memory on this one.... email templates:
Are these unique to each machine?... just stored in the EmailTemplates folder on each machine?

I think this is the case, but if someone knew the answer that would save me a headache.

Also, if they are unique to each machine, is there a way to get them to all pull from the same folder with a systerm paremeter or something of that nature.

We love this new version and love love love the enterprise version. I'll write a complete report of my findings, experience, and initial thoughts about the enterprise version. So far... so so so good.

My staff has said it runs anywhere from 5-15 times faster depending on the process.

Now that's some serious time and money savings!!!
More later.

Replied on: 03/30/2006 9:17:21 PM
quote:
Can someone refresh my memory on this one.... email templates:
Are these unique to each machine?... just stored in the EmailTemplates folder on each machine?

They're shared - with the Standard version, they're in a folder called EmailTemplates, stored wherever your data file is. The installer still provides a fresh copy of the default templates on each workstation, but that's mostly for people who are running single-machine installs.

The Enterprise version asks you when you set up the SQL conversion where you'd like these shared files to be. That location is available on the Connection Info dialog (Ctrl-Shift-C at the main menu), under "Shared File Location". I believe this is a hidden parameter called "SharedFileLoc", but I'm not completely sure at the moment.

If your e-mail templates aren't in that directory (which should be shared on your network like the data file directory was in the past), copy your templates there.

Hope that helps...

--
Mark Setzer

Replied on: 03/31/2006 02:15:08 AM
Mark -
OK... that's my problem. When I set up the OM the first time (Enterprise version), I was actually ON the server, so I set up the shared file as C:\Stoneedge\

And now, on every computer, it's telling me that the shared folder is
C\Stoneedge\

That explains why it wasn't updating on every machine. I was so confused.

OK... so now the question is, how can I change this setting (defualt location)? Or can I?
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!

Replied on: 03/31/2006 07:38:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by mckaneOK... so now the question is, how can I change this setting (defualt location)? Or can I?

No problem. In System Parameters, go to the Enterprise Level group, or just search for the parameter SharedFileLocation. Set it to a path that will be common to all workstations (e.g. \\MyServer\StoneEdgeSharedFiles). Remember to click the Save button. That should do it.

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Replied on: 03/31/2006 07:47:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbeaux

Big deal (to me)...from yesterday and no one responded:

quote:

Jimmy Hilburger
www.switchhits.com

Finally fixed that bug. Sorry for the delay. If you are comfortable with modifying the VBA code, I have included a simple fix below. If not, you can give our support staff a call and they will help you with it.

Here is the fix:

In the Email Functions module, in the function SendOrderEmail, locate the line that says:

pdfFulFillSQL = "OrderNumber=" & Order & " AND " & y

Change it to:

If y > "" then pdfFulFillSQL = "OrderNumber=" & Order & " AND " & y

Note that the only change is adding:

If y > "" then

to the beginning of the line.

That should fix the problem.

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Replied on: 03/31/2006 12:27:31 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mckaneOK... so now the question is, how can I change this setting (defualt location)? Or can I?

No problem. In System Parameters, go to the Enterprise Level group, or just search for the parameter SharedFileLocation. Set it to a path that will be common to all workstations (e.g. \\MyServer\StoneEdgeSharedFiles). Remember to click the Save button. That should do it.

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

That did it. Thanks. Stragely, when we go to print reports, we see different reports than should be in there.

In other words, the custom reports table in our datafile is different than our actual loaded custom reports. Does that make sense?

Is there an easy way to get those in synch? When I add custom reports now, they are showing up in the database, but not in my "custom reports to print"... it's like they aren't getting loaded into the custom reports table.

Replied on: 03/31/2006 12:35:07 PM
Expected / Actual Net...I'm not so sure I want my employees to see how much money I'm making. Can this be turned off in the View Orders screen...I didn't see any parameter.

Jimmy Hilburger
www.switchhits.com

Reply author: inksite
Replied on: 03/31/2006 6:47:36 PM
I hope this is the right place to post this. I've been on 4.309 for about 2 days now and I'm trying to learn the in's and out's of the new Drop Ship Purchase Order system.

Here's what I'm finding. If I create a drop-ship PO and then decide I want to cancel it I run into trouble...

If I click "Pick Supplier or Cancel Drop Ship" from the View Orders screen, I get an alert saying "This Drop Ship Order must be managed in the Purchase Orders System". This seems quite reasonable to me.

If I go into the PO system and try the "Delete PO" button on the Find & Select POs screen, I get an alert saying "You cannot delete Drop Ship Purchase Orders!". At first that seemed like a Catch 22, but then I thought perhaps I needed to cancel the order line by line. (The alert box should give some hint as to how to proceed.)

I then click on the "View PO" button which brings me to the Selected PO Items tab. With a pointer on a line item I click the "Remove" button toward the right of the screen and get another alert: "At cmdCancel:Error = 3265: Item not found in this collection."

I did find a workaround. Remaining on the Selected PO Items tab of the Purchase Orders system, I click the View: selector button labelled "Expected" which switches the view away from "Line Items". Now the line items are shown with four buttons labelled Split, Add, Edit, and Cancel. Here the Cancel button seems to do the trick.

I'm guessing the Error = 3265 represents a bug.

Also, if I click the "Print" button to reprint the PO, I first get an alert saying "No Data to Print" and then the program hangs attempting to print. It appears that it is trying to use the Standard PO print format rather than the Drop Ship print format.

I hope this feedback is helpful.

Michael Keen
http://www.inksite.com

Replied on: 04/01/2006 2:45:54 PM
I created an email template that attached a pdf invoice for customers that call and need a copy of the invoice. This worked fine in 4.306 but not in 4.309. It just hangs on waiting of pdf file. I then have to manually end Ordermanager.

Thanks

Darin

Replied on: 04/01/2006 2:57:51 PM
quote:
I created an email template that attached a pdf invoice for customers that call and need a copy of the invoice. This worked fine in 4.306 but not in 4.309. It just hangs on waiting of pdf file. I then have to manually end Ordermanager

Barney answered this bug about 4 replies above this one.

Jimmy Hilburger
www.switchhits.com

Replied on: 04/01/2006 6:21:32 PM
Thanks....

One more. Attempted to authorize a manual order today and USAepay was unavailable for about 10 minutes. In the past Order Manager would time out, but this time it just hung after about 5 minutes. Had to call customer back because I wasn't able to save the order. Is OM supposed to timeout if it can't authorise or capture?

Thanks

Darin

Replied on: 04/01/2006 6:34:15 PM
Actually I don't think that is the same pdf issue. That one seems to be regarding missing information. My issue is when I send from an email template I created it seems to hand the program. Barney, will the fix you posted above fix the issue I am describing as well?

Thanks

Darin

Reply author: tekgems
Replied on: 04/01/2006 7:03:41 PM
> PLEASE NOTE: You will NEED to use Blackthorne's inventory system to give your products part numbers

I recall SAPRO had a small length that could be used for "part numbers". Can you tell me what the limit now on BlackThorne is? Some of my part numbers are rather long - possibly 75 characters long.

Replied on: 04/02/2006 10:52:53 AM
quote:
Stragely, when we go to print reports, we see different reports than should be in there.

In other words, the custom reports table in our datafile is different than our actual loaded custom reports. Does that make sense?

Is there an easy way to get those in synch? When I add custom reports now, they are showing up in the database, but not in my "custom reports to print"... it's like they aren't getting loaded into the custom reports table.

If you go to the Maintenance Menu -> Maintenance tab -> Custom Report Maintenance, at that screen you can import custom reports, then use the Add to Custom Reports Menu button to add them to the Report Menu.

Hope that helps,

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Replied on: 04/02/2006 12:30:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tekgems

> PLEASE NOTE: You will NEED to use Blackthorne's inventory system to give your products part numbers

I recall SAPRO had a small length that could be used for "part numbers". Can you tell me what the limit now on BlackThorne is? Some of my part numbers are rather long - possibly 75 characters long.

It looks like the versions we saw as of around December 1st had 100 characters for their "Partnum" field. Newer versions added an Inventory table and kept the field at the same size. Both versions store their data in an Access database, so you should be able to expand that field up to 255 (the max a text field can hold) if you like. Not sure if BT is programmatically shortening the field, though - you'd need to check with them.

--
Mark Setzer

Replied on: 04/03/2006 08:39:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by hq4sports

Thanks....

One more. Attempted to authorize a manual order today and USAepay was unavailable for about 10 minutes. In the past Order Manager would time out, but this time it just hung after about 5 minutes. Had to call customer back because I wasn't able to save the order. Is OM supposed to timeout if it can't authorise or capture?

Thanks

Darin

This would be dependant on how the USAePay system handled the request. If their server accepts the request and keeps the connection open but never sends a response then it is quite likely that the Order Manager would not recover from this and just appear to hang. Typically the "timeout" error that the Order Manager presents is the response received from the server. Typical timeout on the Internet is about 5 minutes but is at the discretion of the server administrator. If the server is set to timeout at a greater iterval then the Order Manager will continue to wait until the timeout response is issued by the server.

Kevin Smith
6198 Butler Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
215-641-1837 x112
kevin@stoneedge.com

Replied on: 04/03/2006 09:26:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by inksite

I hope this is the right place to post this. I've been on 4.309 for about 2 days now and I'm trying to learn the in's and out's of the new Drop Ship Purchase Order system.

Here's what I'm finding. If I create a drop-ship PO and then decide I want to cancel it I run into trouble...

If I click "Pick Supplier or Cancel Drop Ship" from the View Orders screen, I get an alert saying "This Drop Ship Order must be managed in the Purchase Orders System". This seems quite reasonable to me.

If I go into the PO system and try the "Delete PO" button on the Find & Select POs screen, I get an alert saying "You cannot delete Drop Ship Purchase Orders!". At first that seemed like a Catch 22, but then I thought perhaps I needed to cancel the order line by line. (The alert box should give some hint as to how to proceed.)

I then click on the "View PO" button which brings me to the Selected PO Items tab. With a pointer on a line item I click the "Remove" button toward the right of the screen and get another alert: "At cmdCancel:Error = 3265: Item not found in this collection."

I did find a workaround. Remaining on the Selected PO Items tab of the Purchase Orders system, I click the View: selector button labelled "Expected" which switches the view away from "Line Items". Now the line items are shown with four buttons labelled Split, Add, Edit, and Cancel. Here the Cancel button seems to do the trick.

I'm guessing the Error = 3265 represents a bug.

Also, if I click the "Print" button to reprint the PO, I first get an alert saying "No Data to Print" and then the program hangs attempting to print. It appears that it is trying to use the Standard PO print format rather than the Drop Ship print format.

I hope this feedback is helpful.

Michael Keen

Hello Michael,

Drop-Ship POs cannot be "deleted", you can only "remove" individual line items from the PO. As you surmised there is a bug in the code to do the removal, which I have identified and corrected. Should you remove all line items from a drop-ship PO, the system will automatically close the PO so that it no longer remains in the active PO list.

Kevin Smith
6198 Butler Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
215-641-1837 x112
kevin@stoneedge.com

Replied on: 04/03/2006 10:55:41 AM
Thanks for the info on the timeout info. I see that electronic check is available now via authorize.net. We use USAEPay electronic check. Will this be supported in upcoming releases?

Thanks

Darin

Replied on: 04/03/2006 1:06:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by hq4sports

Thanks for the info on the timeout info. I see that electronic check is available now via authorize.net. We use USAEPay electronic check. Will this be supported in upcoming releases?

Thanks

Darin

Yes - hopefully in the next month or two.

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Replied on: 04/03/2006 4:04:31 PM
Still using 4.308 - when I click on ReOrder or Add Orders, the CC details do not get transferred to the new record. Was this addressed in 4.309?

Replied on: 04/03/2006 4:31:59 PM
quote:

Still using 4.308 - when I click on ReOrder or Add Orders, the CC details do not get transferred to the new record. Was this addressed in 4.309?

Are you asking about carry-forward of credits and balances, or just the credit card account info?

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Replied on: 04/03/2006 5:18:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbeaux

Expected / Actual Net...I'm not so sure I want my employees to see how much money I'm making. Can this be turned off in the View Orders screen...I didn't see any parameter.

Jimmy Hilburger
www.switchhits.com

Done. Added parameter ShowNetFigures.

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Replied on: 04/03/2006 5:35:26 PM
> Are you asking about carry-forward of credits and balances, or just the credit card account info?

Customer called, wanted to re-order same product again. So, I clicked on ReOrder and their Visa details did not some up on the CC terminal tab. I had to retrieve it manually from the database. Carry-ford of credit and balances work as expected.

Replied on: 04/04/2006 09:43:23 AM
quote:

> Are you asking about carry-forward of credits and balances, or just the credit card account info?

Customer called, wanted to re-order same product again. So, I clicked on ReOrder and their Visa details did not some up on the CC terminal tab. I had to retrieve it manually from the database. Carry-ford of credit and balances work as expected.

We never put in code to carry credit card data forward for Reorders. If you go to the new order, you can click the Lookup button on the lower right-hand corner of the Pricing tab, and the program will look up the payment information from the current customer's most recent order.

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Reply author: porstoreben
Replied on: 04/06/2006 12:24:15 PM
For the past few releases, when we compact our database, it looses the packing slip template system parameter value. Everytime I compact the database, I have to go back in and set the packing slip template name. What is causing this?

Thanks.

Ben B
http://por15store.com
http://prp-porstore.com

Reply author: inksite
Replied on: 04/06/2006 2:10:13 PM
I don't know if this should be considered feedback for this beta or a wish list item, but it would be nice if when entering supplier invoices the invoice due date was automatically calculated based on the supplier terms the way it does in Quickbooks. This would probably require a "terms" table with fields that include the text description (like "Net 30 Days") and a numerical field for the number of days until the due date.

Michael Keen

Replied on: 04/07/2006 11:32:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by porstoreben

For the past few releases, when we compact our database, it looses the packing slip template system parameter value. Everytime I compact the database, I have to go back in and set the packing slip template name. What is causing this?
Weird. What exactly is the text that you are entering for that parameter? Does it include any punctuation symbols, or just text and numbers?

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Replied on: 04/07/2006 11:37:56 AM
quote:
Weird. What exactly is the text that you are entering for that parameter? Does it include any punctuation symbols, or just text and numbers?

It is POR PS.

Ben B

Replied on: 04/07/2006 11:54:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by porstoreben

quote:

It is POR PS.

Ben B

I don't have any idea why that parameter would disappear when you compact your data file. It might indicate corruption that the Compact function cannot fix. I strongly recommend that you back up your data file daily in case it gets worse. If you are comfortable with working in Access, you could create a new database, and import all of the tables and queries from your data file into the new database. That might fix the problem. Obviously, you would then rename the two files so the new database has the file name the Order Manager is expecting. You could also contact our support department for further assistance.

Barney Stone, President
215-641-1837

Reply author: Chuck Griffith
Replied on: 04/07/2006 5:40:10 PM
It looks like there is something different on the View Orders - CC Terminal tab.

Now, when you credit something, it puts an amount in the Remaining column. Unfortunately it looks like it may be the wrong amount.
1. Charge $50: Amount = $50, Remaining = ""
2. Credit $40: Amount = $50, Remaining = ($40) (s.b. $10?)
3. Void the credit: Amount = $50, Remaining = ($40) (s.b. ""?)
4. Credit $50: refuses to allow the credit:
"You cannot credit this transaction for more than its remaining amount! blah blah"

I'll bet our $50 charge was pre 4.309 and the 'remaining amount' field was first used after 4.200. So the post 4.309 credit of $40 was subtracted from an empty field assuming that charges would all have a remaining amount set.

Replied on: 04/10/2006 11:44:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Griffith

It looks like there is something different on the View Orders - CC Terminal tab.

Now, when you credit something, it puts an amount in the Remaining column. Unfortunately it looks like it may be the wrong amount.
1. Charge $50: Amount = $50, Remaining = ""
2. Credit $40: Amount = $50, Remaining = ($40) (s.b. $10?)
3. Void the credit: Amount = $50, Remaining = ($40) (s.b. ""?)
4. Credit $50: refuses to allow the credit:
"You cannot credit this transaction for more than its remaining amount! blah blah"

I'll bet our $50 charge was pre 4.309 and the 'remaining amount' field was first used after 4.200. So the post 4.309 credit of $40 was subtracted from an empty field assuming that charges would all have a remaining amount set.

Hello Chuck,

Remaining Credit Amount was added to the system in the 4.3xx series to support the revisions to the Carry Forward system. This way we can track how much of a transaction has been "carried" to another order, restricting the amount you can credit at the original or carried transaction. Using your example above, if the customer is charged $50.00 and you credit them $40.00, the original transaction should show $10.00 as remaining credit. Not sure where you come up with the $40.00 remaining. I've verified that the system does calculate the remaining correctly.

As far as "voiding" a credit, you are correct, there was no code in the system to return the credited amount back to the parent transaction's Credit Remaining. This will be revised in the next release.

For transactions that were present before the upgrade to 4.3xx, the program will assume the full transaction can be credited. Once the transaction is modified, it will receive a "remaining" amount.

Kevin Smith
6198 Butler Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
215-641-1837 x112
kevin@stoneedge.com

Reply author: Chuck Griffith
Replied on: 04/10/2006 1:35:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kevin
Remaining Credit Amount was added to the system in the 4.3xx series to support the revisions to the Carry Forward system. This way we can track how much of a transaction has been "carried" to another order, restricting the amount you can credit at the original or carried transaction. Using your example above, if the customer is charged $50.00 and you credit them $40.00, the original transaction should show $10.00 as remaining credit. Not sure where you come up with the $40.00 remaining. I've verified that the system does calculate the remaining correctly.

Apparently "" - $40.00 = ($40.00)
i.e. it goes negative when you credit a pre 4.3xx transaction.

Replied on: 04/11/2006 09:52:24 AM
OK, I get the idea now. Since the original transaction does not have an amount remaining, the code subtracts the credit amount from zero and arrives at the -$40.00. I'll take a look at this.

Kevin Smith
6198 Butler Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
215-641-1837 x112
kevin@stoneedge.com

Replied on: 04/25/2006 09:35:04 AM
quote:
I don't have any idea why that parameter would disappear when you compact your data file. It might indicate corruption that the Compact function cannot fix. I strongly recommend that you back up your data file daily in case it gets worse. If you are comfortable with working in Access, you could create a new database, and import all of the tables and queries from your data file into the new database. That might fix the problem. Obviously, you would then rename the two files so the new database has the file name the Order Manager is expecting. You could also contact our support department for further assistance.

FYI:
I went in and compacted the database straight from Access and that seems to have cleared up the issue.

Ben B

Monsoon Stone Edge User Forum : http://www.stoneedge.net/forum/

© Monsoon Commerce, Inc.

Close Window